Can I Use Store Bought Frosting For Fbct?

Decorating By cakefan21 Updated 16 Sep 2012 , 7:31am by cakefan21

cakefan21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan21 Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 7:26am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Cake central and am so excited to see the vast ocean of information, tips and help here! I want to start by asking if someone has tried to use store bought frosting to do a frozen buttercream transfer? I have never tried FBCT before so that will be my first time.
If you have used and liked store bought frosting for FBCT, which brand did you like and which brand would you advise against?
Thanks so much!

4 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 5

Most canned frosting is not crusting so I would say no. But buy a can and do a practice one. Can't hurt to try.

cakefan21 Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 3:10am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Most canned frosting is not crusting so I would say no. But buy a can and do a practice one. Can't hurt to try.

Thanks carmijok!
Just an update for everyone reading this post - I did try with store bought frosting. I did 2 experiments. In the first, I whipped in some butter. In the second, I use the store bought frosting as is. Both turned out fine! The frosting froze well and the wax paper peeled off without any problems. I had a very successful FBCT cake!
icon_biggrin.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 4:13am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Thanks carmijok!
Just an update for everyone reading this post - I did try with store bought frosting. I did 2 experiments. In the first, I whipped in some butter. In the second, I use the store bought frosting as is. Both turned out fine! The frosting froze well and the wax paper peeled off without any problems. I had a very successful FBCT cake!
icon_biggrin.gif

Great to know it worked! Post a pic!

cakefan21 Posted 16 Sep 2012 , 7:31am
post #5 of 5

You are right. I should have taken pictures! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%