How To Present Upright Cake Pops?

Decorating By handymama Updated 31 Aug 2012 , 8:21am by ApplegumPam

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 1:13am
post #1 of 7

I've seen some cute ways to deliver/present cake pops, but they all have one thing in common: they're expensive. Now I understand why decorators make them "stick up", but the designs I most want to do are "stick down". Please share your good ideas with me!!

6 replies
Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 1:23am
post #2 of 7

How about mini fancy foil liners? cheap on eBay!

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 3:27am
post #3 of 7

You need to pu your 'handy'mama cap on .... simple as covering a box with nice display paper - to go with your theme. Pre-drill the holes in the top (remember to consider the size of the cakepop when placing them)

I normally fill the box with those packaging type of 'peanuts' - foam ones - stops the cakepops from wanting to fall over

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 4:23am
post #4 of 7

You could make something like this? Leave the paper "ruffle" higher on the sides so that it hides the holes, or cover the top of the styrofoam too. Not sure how inexpensive that is, though.

http://cakejournal.com/tutorials/how-to-make-a-ruffled-1-tier-cake-stand/

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/226041/lace-cupcake-towers?center=0&gallery=230964&slide=106691

vpenkuhn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vpenkuhn Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 7

I have covered boxes with approprite wrapping paper, then used a small awl to make the holes, then stuck the stick side down. The box should be at least 2-3 inches high. Or go to the $ store & buy their floral foam. This can be cut to fit any size container. I got small metal watering cans at the $ store & with 6 cake pops made to look like daisies stuck in it, it was a perfect display. HTH

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 4:57am
post #6 of 7

So far I'm liking the covered floral foam the best since it would keep the wee beasties where I put them, and it's relatively quick and inexpensive.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 8:21am
post #7 of 7

Give it a try first - I hated that when you took your cakepops OUT of the florist foam, the sticks were all covered in that powdery dust that ended up all over you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%