Adding Extracts To Any Buttercream Frosting Recipe

Decorating By stratus01 Updated 15 Sep 2005 , 7:47pm by Daniela

stratus01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stratus01 Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 11

I would like to know if it is possible to add a tsp. of lemon extract to any Buttercream recipe? icon_rolleyes.gif

10 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 11

I've added lemon extract to my buttercream icing before and it taste fine.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 11

Hey stratus01...noticed that this was your first post and wanted to welcome you to Cakecentral...you're gonna love it here!

You can add any conbinations of flavorings to buttercream. Lemon extract is just one of the many that can be added. The combination I like best is Vanilla, Butter and Almond extracts.

Sangria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangria Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 11

Hi!! icon_biggrin.gif
Yes you can. The only thing I think you need to watch out for is when adding extracts to royal icing. Some extracts are made with oil, and that will essentially ruin your royal icing.
But with buttercream you can add just about anything. Try Grand Marnier.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 11

Sorry stratus01... when I saw MrsMissey's comment, I realized you're new to CakeCentral. Welcome aboard and you couldn't have come to a better place for advice, ideas, recipes, etc... again, welcome to CakeCentral icon_smile.gif we're glad to have you with us icon_smile.gif

stratus01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stratus01 Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 11

May I ask how do I get a diamond effect on a cake made with buttercream frosting? Can you tell me if butter cream frosting will hold up in the car for a 4-5 hour drive? Does anyone use Better Cream? I think it holds up better but tastes gross because I love sweat frosting? Where can I buy edible images online? Okay there I said it. I have been holding in these questions and now I am asking for help.

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 8:21pm
post #7 of 11

Stratus01 - For the diamond pattern - look back at a post dated Sept 13th. Author was "ellepal". Subject was "quilting". Alot of info on the diamond pattern. Hope this helps on that question. thumbs_up.gif

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 11

Hi,

I can help you with one question. Your buttercream frosting should hold up fine in the car for 4-5 hours. Sorry, I have not heard of Better Cream. Maybe someone else can help you on that one. icon_smile.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 9:15pm
post #9 of 11

diamond pattern: here is a link for you. You can also see the dot and line pattern here. the price is about the same everyone esle.

http://earlenescakes.com/store/impression_tools.html

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 5:08am
post #10 of 11

Just wanted to say welcom to you, stratus01!! You will enjoy it here. Everyone is so helpful and there are tons of ideas here!!!

Tanya

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 7:47pm
post #11 of 11

Welcome to CC Stratus01. I'm sure you'll love this site as much as the rest of us do!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%