Filled Cake Pops

Decorating By Sparklekat6 Updated 11 Sep 2012 , 12:52am by cakefan92

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, so I have been doing a lot of research on filled cake pops. It appears that the most widely accepted method requires you to purchase one of those stupid cake pop baking machines rather than just doing it the old fashion way (mix the frosting in with ground up cake and rolling it into a ball.)

So my question is, do you think the following will work? I want to make a blueberry cream cheese filling and then using a round tip piping nozzle pipe a bunch of little balls onto parchment paper and then freeze them (think of how the leopard print cake is done). Then I want to cover them in lemon cake mixed with frosting (the old fashion way) and roll that into a ball. Then let them come to room temperature before I put the sticks in. Think that will work? Or is there some easier way? I dont think using a syringe will work on cake pops that are mixed up rather than baked, right?

5 replies
Sparklekat6 Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 6

Bump!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Aug 2012 , 2:15am
post #3 of 6

As long as everything is freezable, I think it will work.

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 6

I just recently made filled cake balls by freezing the filling and then pushing the frozen filling into a rolled cake ball. It worked out great.

Sparklekat6 Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 6

Yeah it did it over last weekend. They are the lemon cake pops in my album. I really want to do a rainbow one, with like three colors of cake and then just keep layering them. FUN!

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 11 Sep 2012 , 12:52am
post #6 of 6

I've seen tutorials where the center was rolled and then the outside was rolled very flat and wrapped around the center.

By the way, I LOVE your Ring Pop Cake Pops - - very cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%