Stiletto Straps - Anyone Know How This Was Done?

Decorating By howsweet Updated 15 Dec 2014 , 2:08pm by cake experts

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 10

I contacted the baker, but haven't heard back yet. I assume, just shape the wire (18 g?) add strips of fondant (hardened with tylose) and add the rhinestones? If anyone has any more thoughts, tips or light to shed on this, it would be great!

9 replies
SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 10

I would not want to deliver this!! OMG!!! icon_eek.gif

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 3 Sep 2012 , 5:29am
post #3 of 10

I just had a shoe-gasm...THEN I had a cake-gasm. Oh! Um..sorry, I haven't a clue how this was done but your idea seems sound. Try it and see.
There's a tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NhuDKQAaHTM
that you can use as a starter and play around with it

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 10

The strap could have been made off the cake and then stuck on with royal icing. It definitely was wrapped around something to hold that form.

SweetAsLemmons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAsLemmons Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 3:49pm
post #5 of 10

Totally random, but I just pictured myself trying to walk in that thing........yeah........lol
It looks like gum paste wrapped around a thickly gauged wire, set to dry and then glued onto the shoe under the big pink rose.
Not sure who the maker of these "shoes" are, but they have AMAZING skills.

bocadulcecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bocadulcecakes Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 10

Hiii!! Did you make the stiletto?...I was asked to make this.. and  honestly I'm so scary..! really a challenge to gravity... if you made it .please let me know how you do it ? and how was delivering? thanks soooo much  

whiteangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whiteangel Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 10

I did this for a shoe I made for my daughter 2 years ago.  I used a heavy gauge wire.  Shaped it the way I wanted it and then formed half gum paste/fondant around.  It worked.  The strap on the other shoe didn't use wire, used pure gum paste and wrapped it around crumbled up piece of foil that I shaped in the way I wanted it to "fall".  That worked as well as the wire.  Didn't want to chance it not being supported when it was suppose to look like it was free falling.

bocadulcecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bocadulcecakes Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 11:58pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangel 

I did this for a shoe I made for my daughter 2 years ago.  I used a heavy gauge wire.  Shaped it the way I wanted it and then formed half gum paste/fondant around.  It worked.  The strap on the other shoe didn't use wire, used pure gum paste and wrapped it around crumbled up piece of foil that I shaped in the way I wanted it to "fall".  That worked as well as the wire.  Didn't want to chance it not being supported when it was suppose to look like it was free falling.

thanks so much

I think I'm making  it  with wire..to have more support , I'm scary about falling apart during delivery, maybe I'm not doing this  to thin .

thanks!!

whiteangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whiteangel Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:02am
post #9 of 10

I didn't have to transport it but using small packing peanuts would work.  If it was me, that beauty would be in MY lap!!! 

cake experts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake experts Posted 15 Dec 2014 , 2:08pm
post #10 of 10

Hi White Angel,

Please advise how you did the heel. It looks really thin and I am worried about the support on the top end of the heel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%