Diamond Rings On Cake?

Decorating By mystsparkle Updated 25 Aug 2012 , 1:47pm by mystsparkle

mystsparkle Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 4

hi all. i had a lady email me this picture and said she wanted a cake like this, but w/ 'bling rings at the bottom of each tier'.

Ive searched..but cant really find anything...Are there already made gumpaste rings I could buy? Or do you buy paperweights? I can't really find what I'm thinking would work for this cake....

Any ideas?

Thank you all!

3 replies
mystsparkle Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 4

alright for some reason its not letting me add the pic...but that's okay..doesnt really matter much what the cake looks like...its going to feed 175 people..probably 3 tiers..i just need to find someone that can make the rings the correct size.

BakingIrene Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 4

There are pics that have been posted in the last few months.

Those are called rhinestones and they are sold by the yard. You measure the pans and add some inches for the thickness of the icing. Buy a longer piece, and ONLY cut it when you need to.

mystsparkle Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 4

Oh gosh! I didnt even think of those! When I read her email and it says Bling Rings...I was thinking like... an actual ring in the corner of each tier..but yeah you are right, she prob means what you said..haha. Okay Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%