Colored Wedding Cake Question :)

Decorating By sillychef Updated 25 Aug 2012 , 11:49pm by sillychef

sillychef  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillychef Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 4:16am
post #1 of 5

Hi all icon_smile.gif I have a wedding coming up and the bride is adorable icon_smile.gif the whole process has been a total dream and I am really excited to do it! The only snafu I have is the cake design... I know brides have the say but I am afraid it will look more like a birthday cake than a wedding cake. I am wondering if anyone has any tips on making it more.... I don't know is formal the right word?
She wants the cake to be split down the side (not quite the middle but about a third of the way over and one side to be a rich plum color with turquoise designs and the other side to be turquoise with plum designs... No flowers, and a flat like "divider" like Adolska is known for. icon_smile.gif I just honestly can't envision this ... And none the less as a formal wedding cake... Any suggestions would be most welcome icon_smile.gif thanks so much!!!!

4 replies
 BakingIrene  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 5

Well you could sell her on the idea that this would make a spectacular grooms cake.

See what your public library has in the way of books--aiming for Martha Stewart or other wedding cake style books. They do a good job of defining what the different styles mean in cake.

No flowers is OK for a formal wedding, but light colours are definitely more formal. What about the same designs in light plum and turquoise on an off white cake?

sillychef Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much icon_smile.gif grooms cake was exactly what I was thinking but not so sure that would be in their budget ... I will definitely go to the library this afternoon!! Thanks again!!!

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 5

Also point out that those dark colors will stain teeth, tounge and clothes icon_sad.gif Light colors are always more appitizing (sp?).
Then push the grooms cake idea icon_smile.gif

sillychef Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 5

icon_smile.gif yah... I totally agree... I did mention that but I didn't want to push too much because she seems to have her heart set on it... icon_smile.gif it is her special day.. But I also don't want her to regret that decision when she sees it. It certainly won't be my cup of tea but again it's her special day icon_smile.gif thanks!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%