How To Inform Guests Of Available Flavors At Cake Table

Decorating By Normita Updated 24 Aug 2012 , 5:47pm by hbquikcomjamesl

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 2:15am
post #1 of 8

So I'm making 150 cupcakes with three different flavors ths weekend. Wanted to know of a nice and elegant way to let the guests know of the available cupcake flavors.

Any suggestions/photos of you guys have done?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cookiemonster025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemonster025 Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 4:57am
post #2 of 8

Some little signs placed into a few of the cupcakes indicating the flavor would be good. I've seen this done before at candy buffets, and as long as the little signs are classy and fit the decor it looks very nice.

If the cupcakes are easy to differentiate by color (white for vanilla, brown for chocolate, green for lime) then put corresponding signs in a couple of each color.

3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 8

If you do signs, may I suggest putting them near the back of each flavor group. That way folks don't have to reach past/around the signs and they're more likely to stay in place for most of the event. (Signs near the front always seem to get moved at my parties.)

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 8

For buffet tables, I got to the dollar store and get picture frames (with stands in the back of them). I use acrylic paint to color them in keeping with the wedding scheme, print out flavors and display the sign on the buffet table. I can't tell you how grateful servers at these places are because all they need to do is point to the sign instead of reciting all three flavors and fillings to each guest.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 8

You can do the placecards or use one 5 x 7 frame to make a menu. Even if it is only three flavors, you can name the flavor and add a description that will help with allergy alerts. At the bottom you can add the allergy disclaimer for your bakery. I use an ornate silver frame. I also have a variety of placecard holders. It's whatever the client prefers. I also have the silver frames that hold a business card. They can stand on their own or on a tiny tripod.

For my buffets ( and I bundle in the little 3-flavor events), I employ a graphic design artist to make appropriate cards. These are beautiful and completely coordinate with the event. They are usually several pieces of layered card stock with beautiful fonts, ribbons, and a colored crystal.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 8

You can do the placecards or use one 5 x 7 frame to make a menu. Even if it is only three flavors, you can name the flavor and add a description that will help with allergy alerts. At the bottom you can add the allergy disclaimer for your bakery. I use an ornate silver frame. I also have a variety of placecard holders. It's whatever the client prefers. I also have the silver frames that hold a business card. They can stand on their own or on a tiny tripod.

For my buffets ( and I bundle in the little 3-flavor events), I employ a graphic design artist to make appropriate cards. These are beautiful and completely coordinate with the event. They are usually several pieces of layered card stock with beautiful fonts, ribbons, and a colored crystal.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 1:04am
post #7 of 8

Thanks guys for the suggestions!! I too was thinking of buying a picture frame and printing out the flavors on card stock and placing them in the frame.

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 5:47pm
post #8 of 8

And just make sure you don't end up in one of those situations where the staff serves everybody with "whatever you get," thereby defeating the whole point of having more than one flavor available.

If you have advance photographs of what each flavor looks like, they might look good in your signage (and make it resistant to scrambling)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%