Florida Themed Cake

Decorating By SteveJ Updated 21 Aug 2012 , 4:17pm by SteveJ

SteveJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SteveJ Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 10:52am
post #1 of 4

I've been asked to create a Florida themed cake by a couple who are going on holiday there in a few weeks. As I live in the UK and have never been to America, I don't know a great deal about Florida!

The cake is going to be a map and I want to include all the essential landmarks, such as beaches, lakes, a Mickey Mouse symbol for Disney land...that kind of thing.

Seeing as a lot of you are from the US I wondered whether you could help me out with any important land marks or important places that I shouldn't miss off the cake!

Steve

3 replies
pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 4

I would suggest (as a native Floridian) that you include Kennedy Space Center in East Central Florida. Also Miami (as in Miami Dolphins football) and St. Augustine (oldest city) should be represented.

3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 4

Another native Floridian speaking: Consider including oranges (or orange trees if you are really ambitions) and some representation of the Everglades (http://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm).

SteveJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SteveJ Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 4

Perfect! this is the kind of thing I need. Thank-you! Anyone else from Florida got any places that they think I should include?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%