Colored Cake Balls Baked In White Cake

Decorating By grams Updated 18 Apr 2013 , 5:49pm by Cakemommy2012

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 2:03am
post #1 of 6

I thought I had put the picture and directions in my favorite file but now I can't find it. Can someone tell me how to find it again? I've typed in every description I can think of into the search but can't come up with it.

5 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 2:26am
post #2 of 6

http://networkedblogs.com/AXAAw?a

If that link doesn't work, I posted a link on Tuesday 14th, on my Facebook Page.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 3:29am
post #3 of 6

DStauch is the one who first posted the cake balls inside a cake. Try searching for her photos. I used the same method when I made the letter T inside a loaf shape cake (1st page of my gallery). You are cooking twice. First to either make the cake balls and then insert into a cake pan and fill with cake batter or, the way I did, make cake 1. Cut into the shape you want to fill the cake pan and fill with new batter and bake again. Oversimplified answer but you proabably get the idea. You think the first batter gets overcooked but it doesn't.
Good luck
Theresa

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 3:48am
post #4 of 6

Here's the link to the blog you are looking for.

http://once-upon-a-pedestal.blogspot.com/

She has made cakes with stars, butterflies etc in the center and that white cake with the floating colored cake balls - I love it too and want to try it for my grandsons's birthday this year.

Spills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spills Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:32am
post #5 of 6

AI try baking coloured dots in my cakes (2nd attempt now), and I'm not sure how to keep the coloured cake balls within the batter... They seem to rise with the cake and end up above the level line, so when I do level the cake, I'm taking away part of my dots. Anyone have any tips on how to avoid this from happening??

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 6

Freeze them.  I make my cake balls then freeze them.  Make my next batter and toss the balls in.  They sink near the bottom but rise up as the cake bakes and it wont "rebake" them as they thaw as the second cake bakes!  HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%