Addictive_desserts Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 6:18am
post #1 of

I've got a cake to make, the boy cant decide so he wants spiderman, batman, Ben 10 and scooby doo- all his favorites!

Any suggestions to a nice yet simple design?

Thanks

9 replies
msthang1224 Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 6:24am
post #2 of

Wow, lol.

not sure how big yr cake will be but:
Well, you could just make edible pics of all those characters and cut them over gumpaste to make them easier to place (standing or in a certain position) on yr cake.

Addictive_desserts Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 6:28am
post #3 of

Thanks, it will be a 8" and 10"

Yeah it's driving me crazy! There isn't even a theme between all four!

msthang1224 Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 6:37am
post #4 of

ok, then maybe you can place the images around the tiers: like Spiderman on one side, Batman on the other

On 2nd tier: Ben 10 and Scooby-Doo.

On top (as topper) you could Fondant/Gumpaste standing letters of his name (if its not to long)

I don't know...smh
Boy, he sure did make it difficult for you :-/

3D-Sweets Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 12:18pm
post #5 of

Could you make the cake square? That way you could have one flat side and a triangle on top to work with color/design-wise. Can't wait to see how you met this challenge!

sillywabbitz Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 5:03pm
post #6 of

Could you do it like a toy box where they're coming out of the box? then it wouldn't seem so odd that they're all together

Brettley Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 5:28pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Could you do it like a toy box where they're coming out of the box? then it wouldn't seem so odd that they're all together

My thoughts exactly!! A toy box would be great to meet the request if it is for a smaller number of servings.. Otherwise you could do a 4 tier cake with each tier dedicated to each character. But unless it is to feed 75 people or whatever, that might be a bit excessive.

Addictive_desserts Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 5:43pm
post #8 of

Toy box sounds awesome! Not as simple as wanted but good. Thanks.

sillywabbitz Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 8:10pm
post #9 of

I'm not sure when your cake is due but I recommend ordering the Boxes and Bows by Sharon Z (SugarShack) at www.sugaredproductions.com

She teaches you various ways to do different boxes and they're all great depending on the look you want.

If you look in my pics, I did a wine bottle in a crate. To date it's one of the easiest cakes I ever did using that DVD as a guide. You could use the same idea for the toy box. And the cake is just a double layer sheet cake.

Addictive_desserts Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 9:36pm

Toy box sounds awesome! Not as simple as wanted but good. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%