Decorating Help!

Decorating By V_Dizzle Updated 16 Aug 2012 , 1:52pm by V_Dizzle

V_Dizzle Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:37am
post #1 of 3

So I am making an angry birds cake for a friend's son's 5th birthday party this Saturday. Unfortunately due to them moving the party date, I now have to decorate and deliver the cake tonight because I will be out of town. I have already baked and dirty iced the cake. I have it wrapped tightly in my fridge.

I am using nutty bars for the blocks to hold the pigs. My question is, if I stick the nutty bars in the cake tonight and assemble the entire thing. Will they hold up until Saturday afternoon? or will the nutty bars get soggy and fall?

I just don't want it to fall between now and Saturday. My thought was to wrap the bottoms of the bars in saran wrap before sticking them down in the cake. That would limit the moisture from the cake making them soggy. Any suggestions on how to decorate this cake and limit disasters would be appreciated!
icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Lynne3 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 3

Is there a chance that you can do everything on the cake except attach the pig on the nutty bars? I don't know your design, but if it's an easy last minute insert, couldn't your friend do it?

You could mark the spot on the cake, and let your friend place it on the cake Saturday morning.

V_Dizzle Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 3

you mean not even put the nutty bars on the cake at all? That is the whole design of the cake is building all of the blocks for the plastic pigs to sit on. She'd have to put them all together with icing etc. I don't want her to have to do any of that icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%