Store A Buttercream & Fondant Covered Cake For 3 Days?

Decorating By 4ngi3 Updated 16 Aug 2012 , 3:01pm by 4ngi3

4ngi3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4ngi3 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:02am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

My first post here because I've just made my second fondant cake, (my first was for my son's 3rd birthday earlier this year) icon_smile.gif

The cake in question, I made today is for my daughter's first birthday this weekend. So I need to know how do I store this cake for the next 3 days? I'm in Australia so its winter now and its quite cool in the house.

Its a buttercream and fondant covered cake. I've read conflicting info on whether you can store them in the fridge or freeze them or if they can stay at room temp for 3 days??? So I thought I'd ask sign up and ask the enthusiasts and experts icon_smile.gif

I've attached a pic of the cake that I made so you can see that I can't really wrap it in cling wrap like a normal teired fondant cake.

Hoping you can give me some good news and I haven't gotten too eager and made the cake waay to early and now it won't keep until the party in 3 days.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me icon_biggrin.gif
LL

2 replies
 CWR41  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 3

It will be fine at room temp.

The conflicting info you read may have been for something more sensitive with perishable icing or filling.

4ngi3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4ngi3 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 3

great, thanks for replying. I was also confused as to whether buttercream icing was considered perishable. but looks like its not! Thanks for clearing that up for me! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%