Store A Buttercream & Fondant Covered Cake For 3 Days?

Decorating By 4ngi3 Updated 16 Aug 2012 , 3:01pm by 4ngi3

4ngi3 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:02am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

My first post here because I've just made my second fondant cake, (my first was for my son's 3rd birthday earlier this year) icon_smile.gif

The cake in question, I made today is for my daughter's first birthday this weekend. So I need to know how do I store this cake for the next 3 days? I'm in Australia so its winter now and its quite cool in the house.

Its a buttercream and fondant covered cake. I've read conflicting info on whether you can store them in the fridge or freeze them or if they can stay at room temp for 3 days??? So I thought I'd ask sign up and ask the enthusiasts and experts icon_smile.gif

I've attached a pic of the cake that I made so you can see that I can't really wrap it in cling wrap like a normal teired fondant cake.

Hoping you can give me some good news and I haven't gotten too eager and made the cake waay to early and now it won't keep until the party in 3 days.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me icon_biggrin.gif
LL

2 replies
CWR41 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 3

It will be fine at room temp.

The conflicting info you read may have been for something more sensitive with perishable icing or filling.

4ngi3 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 3

great, thanks for replying. I was also confused as to whether buttercream icing was considered perishable. but looks like its not! Thanks for clearing that up for me! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%