JGMB Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 2:41pm
post #1 of

I can't believe that 2 people from Wilton are coming over tomorrow for 3 hours and are giving me a $250 Visa gift card!! They're going to watch me decorate, and they're bringing the cake, frosting, fondant and all of the tools. It's for research and development -- they want to see if the instructions in their yearbooks are easy to follow. It sounds like fun and, honestly, I would've done it for free.

But, I'll certainly take the $250!!! I already earmarked $100 of it for a GelPro mat for my kitchen, and I'll use the rest as butter and egg money for Cakes for a Cause (my charitable baking mission.)

I'm so excited!!!

11 replies
ljslight Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 2:51pm
post #2 of

AWESOME, WISH IT WAS ME!

Bluehue Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 3:01pm
post #3 of

Oh how exciting - thumbs_up.gif
one question - what is this mat you speak of icon_smile.gif

Bluehue

jeartist Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 3:03pm
post #4 of

What a unique experience. Congratulations on that.

JGMB Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 3:12pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Bluehue

A GelPro mat keeps your legs from feeling fatigued after hours of standing in front of the mixer/sink/counter. http://www.gelpro.com/shop/gelpro-gel-mats

Bluehue Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 3:27pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Bluehue

A GelPro mat keeps your legs from feeling fatigued after hours of standing in front of the mixer/sink/counter. http://www.gelpro.com/shop/gelpro-gel-mats

Thank you so much for that link - i just Googled for them here in Australia and i have found a place in the next State over from me...
http://www.imagemats.com.au/go/mat-products/domestic-mats/im-gel-pro
(incase any other Australian wants to check them out)
I am goimg to phone them tomorrow and see if they have a distributor in my State - otherwise i can order one on line....
What a brillante product -
Many thanks...
Oh and come back and tell us how your Wilton day goes...

Bluehue

kakeladi Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 11:02pm
post #7 of

Lucky, lucky you! Do keep us informed on how it goes.

Elcee Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 11:17pm
post #8 of

JGMB, that sounds like so much fun!

tigachu Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 12:16am
post #9 of

Congrats icon_lol.gif

JGMB Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 8:40pm

Well, they were actually here for 4 1/2 hours, but it was so much fun!!! As promised, they brought all of the supplies, including cakes and frosting. I was to make the cake from pg 100 of the 2013 Yearbook, with no help from them. As I worked, they asked me questions and we chatted about other things.

As you can probably tell, this only my 2nd time attempting fondant -- I'm usually strictly a buttercream girl!

They did give me the $250 Visa giftcard, but also one of those new Wilton totes just chock full of stuff:

2013 yearbook
pkg of 13x19 cake boards
Jewelry design fondant mold
Fabric design fondant mold
4.5 lbs of buttercream frosting
10 lbs of fondant
1 btl lemon extract
3 vials silver luster dust
Orange, rose and lemon yellow gel colors
1 pkg dowel rods
Roll-n-cut mat
20" fondant roller
9" fondant roller
4-piece circle cookie cutter set
1 roll silver fancifoil wrap
7-piece pack deluxe brush set

So, it was definitely a great experience, even if the cake is REALLY ugly!!
LL

Elcee Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:09pm

Ooh, fun prize basket and your cake is NOT ugly! It's very cuteand much better than my 2nd attempt at fondant.

kelleym Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:14pm

Your cake looks great, even though I don't know what it is... is it supposed to be Steampunk? Or something? Some kind of luggage? I'm so sorry, I'm not insulting your work at all - you did a great job, it's very clean work.

That's a great experience, and a nice bag of swag and $$$ to boot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%