Pistachio Cake, Help

Baking By joybrown Updated 4 Jun 2014 , 7:19pm by momo4s

joybrown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joybrown Posted 13 Aug 2012 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 7

Hello eveyone, does anybody have a good pistachio cake thats firm enough to stack and fondant. the one i have is too soft, any advise will be appricated, thank you.

6 replies
Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 13 Aug 2012 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 7

I think I remember seeing a Google link to a long list of gourmet cake flavours on CC and there was a pistachio cake recipe in there. It is the same link that has recipes from macsmom. Hoping someone has the link still to attach here. I believe this might be a sticky thread called "bride wants gourmet flavours for wedding cake" or something to that effect here under "RECIPES" forum.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2012 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 7

I think the thread she is referring to is "Macsmom gourmet:"
It is a VERY long, extensive list of many, many different flavors of cakes.

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 13 Aug 2012 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 7

Yes this thread ^^. I remember seeing a pistachio cake recipe in there. I have never tried it though because there isn't a demand for that flavour here but let us know if you do try it and how it goes. It sounds delicious already thinking about it.

joybrown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joybrown Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you very much to everyone who replied, I found one on the receipe section so I will try it and see how it comes out, again thank you.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 7

Hero makes a very delicious Pistachio Compound that you can add to any vanilla cake recipe you already know and love.

momo4s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momo4s Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 7

ADid you find one that wasnt so soft? Do you have a link you could share. I need to do one with frosting and fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%