Hi, I've just made my first batch of Ganache ready to crumb coat my cake. Just wanted to check a few things.
1. How long can I keep fondant before using it?
2. How long will a cake with a ganache crumb coat stay fresh?
3. Should the cake be stored in the fridge?
1. That depends on the fondant & the storage. I would say at least a year but check to see if there is a use by date.
2. That depends. I keep my cakes in the fridge. They stay like new for customers Mon-Saturday. I would say at least a week if refrigerated.
3. Heat kills. The longer you keep it in the fridge the better it will look. If you are covering the cake or decorating the cake with fondant, be sure to put it in a box.