HI, I am doing a five layer wedding cake, spice cake with apple filling. I need a good recipe for the apple filling. Also does anyone have examples of what they did for a apple filling. Like mixing apple filling with cream cheese filling... I do not do a lot of fillings so I need advice!!
The once or twice I needed apple filling I used a can of pie filling.
If you want something completely different, but still has the apple taste, you could give this a go;
Spiced Apple Ganache
2/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, defrosted
1/3 cup heavy cream
12 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1. Pour the apple juice concentrate into a small saucepan and add the cinnamon stick to the pan. Place it over medium heat to simmer until the concentrate is reduced by half. This process will take 10-15 minutes, but keep checking it until you have 1/3 cup of highly concentrated apple juice.
2. Add the cream to the 1/3 cup concentrated apple juice in the saucepan, and bring this liquid to a boil. Meanwhile, place the chopped milk chocolate in a large bowl.
3. Once the cream-apple juice mixture is boiling, pour it through a strainer (to catch the cinnamon stick) over the chopped chocolate. Use a whisk to gently stir the chocolate until it melts and you have a smooth, shiny mixture.
4. Press a layer of cling wrap on top of the ganache and refrigerate it until it is firm enough to spread.
I cant remember where i got the original recipe from sorry.
What kind of consistency does that ganache set up at? My father wants an apple filling for his next cake so I'll have to try that recipe.
I have done apple butter whipped with cream cheese. It was awesome!
I've used this one is the best and was a hit.
2 mid-sized green apples (grated)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Transfer the grated apples into a small saucepan set over medium heat.
2. Add sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
3. Stir frequently until the apples are cooked and get a translucent brown color.
4. Keep aside to cool.
This is the actual recipe from the Kitchen of Oz but I think I doubled the recipe
......... apple butter whipped with cream cheese.......
This sound soooooo awesome!