Melted Caramel Mmf?

Baking By Sherri2012 Updated 14 Aug 2012 , 5:13pm by metria

Sherri2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherri2012 Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 6

I am hoping to make some apple flavored cupcakes, ( using Crystal Light Appletini mix to add apple flavor) then dip them into red fondant, and add a pretzel and leaf at the top. ( Saw a picture somewhere of one like that, and it was VERY cute! ) It would be so yummy if I could make caramel flavored fondant, too. I don't have time to order caramel flavor oil, so wonder how caramel would work. I don't know if caramel would be too sticky. Has anyone ever used caramel?

I was thinking to use the recipe I use for white chocolate MMF, and sub 12 ounces of melted caramels for the chocolate chips. Has anyone tried it? - Thanks for looking at my question.

5 replies
bethanyalexandrarose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethanyalexandrarose Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 2:28am
post #2 of 6

I'm quite interested to see if this will work, but wouldn't caramel baking melts (not sure what they're called, but they're near the chocolate) be better? Of course, I might just be misunderstanding what you mean by caramels.

Sherri2012 Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 2:36am
post #3 of 6

I am actually just getting ready to try it! - Though I lucked out, because Wal-Mart now has a caramel extract flavoring, so I will be using that! Also, Duncan Hines now has the flavor mixes for frosting, and they have a caramel flavor packet. I bought both, and am not sure which I will use yet. I'll let you know how it goes. icon_smile.gif

Sherri2012 Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 3:39am
post #4 of 6

- It turned out really well! I ended up using the caramel extract. 2 teaspoons in place of vanilla. Tastes like caramel!

bethanyalexandrarose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethanyalexandrarose Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for sharing!!! I'll have to give it a go, it sounds absolutely scrumptious

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 6

FYI there are Kraft "Caramel & Vanilla" marshmallows that are delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%