13Th Birthday Boy Cake

Decorating By sophiemalik Updated 20 Aug 2012 , 1:07am by MaurorLess67

sophiemalik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophiemalik Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 3

so it is my brothers 13th birthday and as i am pretty good at making cakes and decorating, he asked me to make him an awesome cake! i said i would, how could i say no to my brother. but i'm not sure what i should make!
he asked for a chocolate fudge cake with a condensed milk whipped cream. i had a couple of ideas for a cake, he loves basketball, his i-pod touch and his x-box i quite like the x-box idea and the i-pod cake ideas because, fondant does not taste that appealing, but i no how to make an Oreo fondant, which tastes Delicious! so anything black would be best i found these pics on the internet of some examples that i think could be cool, but i need your advice! and ideas would be so amazing!
PLEASE HELP icon_rolleyes.gif
here is the xbox cake which i thought was quite cool!
http://www.cookingcakesandchildren.com/2011/05/xbox-birthday-cake/
here is the ipod cake which is also awesome, on both of these i can use my oreo fondant for the basketball cake i probarley can't use my oreo fondant, some of the basketball cakes i might not need any fondant i might just be able use colored butter-cream...?
here is the ipod cake
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-ipod-birthday-cake-8.

2 replies
Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 20 Aug 2012 , 12:44am
post #2 of 3

I could not see the ipod cake (link did not work) but I think the xbox cake looks great. I think most boys that age would love it! I like your idea of oreo fondant -- that sounds good icon_smile.gif

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 20 Aug 2012 , 1:07am
post #3 of 3

I just posted the two cakes that you mentioned in my pics- I had to make both an xbox (white) and an Ipod- they were not too hard- just leave yourself enough time.

I still have to practicing getting cleaner cakes- but,, it is starting to get easier-

I think either ine is a good choice-

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%