Cricut

Decorating By jrod1974 Updated 10 Aug 2012 , 10:14pm by jrod1974

jrod1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrod1974 Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I'm interested in possibly buying a cricut machine and would like feedback from anyone who has purchased one. is this the machine that's used to make cupcake toppers? thanks for your help!

3 replies
Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 4

Hello, I use mine only with modeling chocolate have never been able to use fondant or gumpaste. works amazing once you get the hang of it. I use it mostly for font but i've done a lot of chocolate cutting with it. there is a Buz Lightyear cake in my album and migth be an other cake with baby blocks those were all cut with cricut

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 4

A lot of people like the Silhouette (and I believe there are some others, but I'm drawing a blank on what they're called) better than Cricut because you can use third party software with them. Provocraft sued the software companies so you can't use programs like Make the Cut and Sure Cuts a Lot with the Cricut.

http://www.icingimages.com/products.php?link=E&ppage=1

That being said, I have a Cricut and have good success cutting fondant, gum paste and icing sheets with it. There's a lot you can do with it... much more than just cupcake toppers. And there's tons of discussion about cutting machines in the Cake Central forums.

jrod1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrod1974 Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 4

thanks so much ladies...I did look into the silhouette model and found a site that compared both models (silouette doesn't use cartridges) and the cricut does, so that seems to be the biggest difference, now to make the decision on which to buy! icon_smile.gif thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%