Need A Larger Barbie Or Doll For A Bigger Cake?

Decorating By hollyberry91 Updated 9 Aug 2012 , 10:31pm by HamSquad

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 14

Does anyone know where I can find a larger barbie or doll form than than the standard sized barbie or wilton doll pic? I want one large enough to make a 30 serving wedding dress cake. I would prefer not to have to set the wedding dress on top of another cake or supplement with another cake. Any help is much appreciated icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 14

I'm not sure about Barbie's, but I know you can get other fashion dolls that are larger. Just look in any toy department, and you should be able to find some! icon_smile.gif

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 14

They do make a doll called "My Size Barbie" that's about 3' tall, but it's over $200. You can use any doll that has the right look. Tori Spelling did this type of cake. I have attached pictures. The doll used doesn't look like a Barbie. I would think that type of doll is available at a lot of stores.
LL
LL

Lynne3 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 14

Barbie is about 12" tall. If you go to amazon.com and search for 18" fashion doll, I think you will find a lot.
I wasn't suggesting to make one as big as the tori spelling doll.

hollyberry91 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 14

I looked in the toy department at walmart and they didn't have anything larger. Unfortunately we don't have any toy stores nearby icon_sad.gif

Lynne3 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 14

Can you buy from Amazon.com. There are dolls that are about $22 called Our Generation Fashionable And Fun - 18 inches Doll

They are more child like, but only because the torso is short. You won't be using that as it will be raised up into the cake.

hollyberry91 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 14

Wow Tori Spelling has cake skills!! I'm gonna search amazon right away!! Thank you!

Lynne3 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 7:45pm
post #8 of 14

Walmart sells the Dell playmates dolls. They are 14" tall but have much larger heads then barbie. That's great for you. I've attached a picture to show you that the Dell size head should go with a much longer adult body.
LL

hollyberry91 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 8:07pm
post #9 of 14

Thank you! Do the Dell dolls have boobs? I want to make sure the body has a "womanly" shape for the wedding dress icon_smile.gif

Lynne3 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 8:14pm
post #10 of 14

Nope. Then I guess go on google. Put in "My Size Barbie" look under shopping. People sell used ones a lot.

Lynne3 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 8:16pm
post #11 of 14

ebay also sells them. But it's a BIG doll

hollyberry91 Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 10:10pm
post #12 of 14

I found one on ebay called Supersize Barbie that is 18 inches! I think it will be perfect! Thank you for ebay idea!!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 10:31pm
post #14 of 14

A Wilton Wonder Cake pan gives 12 serves, with the addition of 10" split with filling added to the bottom of the skirt gives about 15 servings, 2-layer 10" filled gives an additional 30 party serving. I've had to do this for my doll cakes using a regular Barbie that is 11 1/2 -12" tall or even a doll pick when I need additional servings.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1254013/autumns-bridal-doll-cake
  http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1350596/a-princess-party

I hope this help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%