Favorite Brand Tin For Baking Minis?

Baking By lorieleann Updated 12 Aug 2012 , 10:06pm by lorieleann

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 7

I am going to upgrade my mini tins and am looking for your favorite brands. I'd like to have 12-24 on a tray, a light surface so that they do not overbrown the white cakes (so no non-stick), and preferably be NFS/commercial grade. I like a more upright cake instead of something that spreads out too much. oh...and not too expensive icon_wink.gif

thanks for your replies!

6 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 5:58am
post #2 of 7

I use two. For micros, I use Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch. For the minis, I use Kitchenaid. This was decided after buying many and testing for quality. I was surprised that the Kitchenaid, being dark, worked so well. The WS is a 24 well, KA is a 12.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 7

Another vote for Williams Sonoma Goldtouch. But they're expensive.

lorieleann Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 5:22am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

I use two. For micros, I use Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch. For the minis, I use Kitchenaid. This was decided after buying many and testing for quality. I was surprised that the Kitchenaid, being dark, worked so well. The WS is a 24 well, KA is a 12.

now i'm confused...what is considered a mini and what is a micro? and where do you get the muffin cup papers to fit each. In the WS reviews, someone asked about difficulty finding papers to fit (i suppose they would be perfect for non-papered muffins, but i need papers).

Do the KA pans take the standard 'mini' cup papers?

(grrr...this is too complicated! i knew there was a reason i stayed away from minis until i had no choice)

scp1127 Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 5:31am
post #5 of 7

On bulk sites, the sizes of the papers are given. Both are easy to find. I get mine from The Baker's Kitchen and Charming Creations. Also, they are found in stores. Michael's sells both sizes and Reynolds makes the micros.

Micro was my word for the tinier size, so don't use that in a search. Just search the bottom diameter and your choice of side height.

scp1127 Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 5:33am
post #6 of 7

This may help... on my site under cupcakes, I have pictures of both sizes with my fingers in the photo for comparison. Those cupcakes used those two pans.

Target has the KA's.

lorieleann Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 7

thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%