3-Tier Help With Draping/assembly

Decorating By mama5kiddos Updated 9 Aug 2012 , 12:25am by leah_s

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a 3-tiered fondant cake, with fondant draping, and a big bow in the middle tier, sizes 14-8-6. I have to deliver the cake pretty far, and am terrified of delivering it already all stacked. I would just prefer to assemble it on site for security. LOL

Should I assemble the bottom 2 tiers with draping, central dowel it...and then put the top tier with attached top draping, on site? I haven't ever done the draping before, and am a little worried it wont look as "flowing" if I have it cut between the 2nd and top tier. Suggestions? When you have to assemble on site, do you have the draping already attached onto the tiers or do you do all the draping in one piece on site?

This is the cake they gave me for a design example of what they want, (but without the flowers), and with a big bow in the middle. icon_smile.gif

TIA
LL

1 reply
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 12:25am
post #2 of 2

I would take the cake assembled, using SPS. I'd attache the draping and bow onsite. You really do need something to hide the "join" area, or what I like to call, "hiding the ugly."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%