Cookie Decorations

Baking By cowgirltj06 Updated 24 Sep 2012 , 5:16pm by fcakes

cowgirltj06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowgirltj06 Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone! I came across these cookies via a google search, and I absolutely LOVE them! My question- do you think the design is made of fondant? It appears to be very thin and smooth, and so perfect which is why i'm unsure if it is royal frosting. Any ideas on what they are made out of and how i can recreate them!?

Thanks!
LL

4 replies
ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 5

I think the shirts are made with royal icing. If you look closely on the bottom you will see the "seam" where they probably made a dam to hold the icing within the border. The animals appear to be fondant though.

Have you worked with royal icing before? Some people do use fondant on top of cookies though so if you are more comfortable with that then it's fine.

cowgirltj06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowgirltj06 Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, I do work with royal icing quite often, and i agree the overall frosting is royal icing, I was just curious on the animals...I think they are mainly fondant with a little bit of piped royal frosting detail. This brings me to my next question- I have not worked with fondant a whole lot... how well does it hold up with it being that thin?

carlajb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlajb Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 6:59am
post #4 of 5

It's fine rolled that thin. I roll it super thin and cut it on my plotter.

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 24 Sep 2012 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 5

Yes... those animals are fondant because I have seen cutters like those that you can use for cookies, fondant, marzipan etc icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%