Bridal Shows

Business By 61999 Updated 8 Aug 2012 , 7:37pm by kakeladi

61999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
61999 Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 5

I am just starting to look for business and am considering doing a bridal show.
THey can be expensive though....$500 and up from what I have seen.

Does anyone have experience doing these and if so could you give me your feedback?
Thanks!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 5

In past yrear I have had both super great and not so good results. (I have done 5 or 6 of them over some 10 yrs time.) It just depends on the turnout and how many other (if any) vendors have cake.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 2:00am
post #3 of 5

I participate is a large show in my area that brings in around 800 brides. The cost is $950 for a booth. Pricey, but if done right, they are worth the work.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5

I did them when I was first starting out, but not any more. Depending on the show they're so overwhelming they don't pay off. The comments about how many cake businesses are there is true...

If you do a show the best use of your time is to talk to other vendors and do some networking. By doing that you can hook up with other businesses and generate referrals, which will get you more business in the long run than talking to the brides there will.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 5

......If you do a show the best use of your time is to talk to other vendors and do some networking. By doing that you can hook up with other businesses and generate referrals, which will get you more business .......

Definately - glad she thought to mention this as it is just as, if not more, important as the brides.

I also got some business other than wedding from being at shows....as mother, attendants, etc remember you for shower, b'days etc in the future.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%