Craft Show Quantities

Business By Heather_bakes Updated 24 Aug 2012 , 8:24pm by Moniquea

Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 5

I am considering being a food vendor at some local craft shows. I thought I would decorate cookies and cupcakes. Does anyone know what I need for product quantities compared to show attendance? i.e. if they typically get 1000 attendees how many cupcakes/cookies should I have?

4 replies
Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 20 Aug 2012 , 3:34am
post #2 of 5

anyone??? pretty please??

dreamsville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamsville Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Heather!

I do a huge local craft show in my town. Did it last year and made 24 dozen cupcakes thinking that was a HUGE amount of cupcakes.....but sold out by NOON! I couldn't believe it! People were coming up to me asking to take whatever I had left! So I think this year we'll plan on more obviously icon_smile.gif I would just pick a number that you KNOW you can handle. Or maybe think about how much money you know you NEED to make back to cover your costs (did you pay for a table/registration etc) and make at the very LEAST the amount of product that it will take for you to break even....and then go over that so that you can make product.
For us, doing this craft show last year was more about getting our name out there, (we had brochures, a slide show etc) to get more people to see what we do and order our cakes, then it was about making LOADS AND LOADS of money... know what I mean?

Good luck!!! icon_smile.gif

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 5

Can I ask what price were people willing to pay for each cupcake in your area?

I am trying to pay myself plus cost in my price and feel like I have to keep lowering my price to meet peoples expectations of cost. I try $2 for plain regular size and want to charge $3 for decorated but it seems costly for a cupcake.

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 5

Can I ask what price were people willing to pay for each cupcake in your area?

I am trying to pay myself plus cost in my price and feel like I have to keep lowering my price to meet peoples expectations of cost. I try $2 for plain regular size and want to charge $3 for decorated but it seems costly for a cupcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%