Can't Draw A Straight Line...just Have To Laugh :-)

Decorating By BarbaraM0809 Updated 6 Aug 2012 , 2:38am by BarbaraM0809

BarbaraM0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraM0809 Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 3:31am
post #1 of 5

I have never been able to draw anything past stick figures (and they're crooked lol). well here lately I've been thinking about different ways to do candle shaped cakes and was thinking about doing a Halloween sort of cake, with the candle being black or blood red, black gumpaste roses and a RKT skull. Maybe some edible "spider web" coming off the skull and the cake board covered in lace fondant. Sounds really cool right? So, I think I should sketch it just so I can see it in front of my face...LMBO it looked like something my 4 year old drew! icon_rolleyes.gif All I could do was laugh and toss it in the trash...oh well, no real reason to this post other than to give myself another laugh lol...anyone else have this problem?

I wished I had taken a picture to give everyone else a giggle too icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 5

Yes my sketches are for personal use only. When friends or family want to see I always tell them to wait for the party. Otherwise I'm afraid they might be disappointed. Sounds very cool. Good luck.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 5

Even if they're for your eyes only, keep your sketches until the cake or idea is complete. At least you'll know what each section means and even after a couple days pass, ideas are forgotten. Best ot record them while they're fresh in your mind.

akaivyleaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akaivyleaf Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 5

I am a horrible sketch artist, but I do save my juvenile sketches/notes to capture the idea. I have thought about getting graph paper when I sit down with people, but I generally make it through with photos. I would love to have an app for my computer/ipad where I could at least select my size of cakes, and virtually stack them, then design on top.

BarbaraM0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraM0809 Posted 6 Aug 2012 , 2:38am
post #5 of 5

Yeah I've started doing them just for myself, if someone wants to see an idea I have my brother sketch it out for me because he is an amazing artist...And I would love that design software too but I rarely make cakes that are "normal" stacked tiers, most are carved. Luckily, I only do this for my friends and family now so when we talk about ideas I can just say "ok, here's what I'm thinking, go with me here lol" and they know exactly what I mean so I don't have to bust out my Kindergarten drawing skills icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%