What Is Mud Cake, Exactly?

Baking By dawnybird Updated 10 Nov 2013 , 7:57am by cazza1

linnod Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 10:34pm
post #31 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

Actually Linnod it's rude when people help you out and you call them RUDE instead of apologizing and thanking them for giving you their recipes.

How was asking what the '?' was referring to being rude? I have little computer knowledge so I wasn't sure if there was some error in the post omitting more information.
Gosh I guess I can't ask a simple question without being attacked. I realize now it was just an error with the degree symbol being replaced with a '?' and I fully understand how to convert Fahrenheit to Celcius.


Regardless the belittling by ApplegumPam for asking a simple question was unnecessary to get their point across. Simply saying "That was supposed to be a degree symbol" would have been sufficient and neutral.

 

In the future I will just not ask "stupid" questions.

ApplegumPam Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 10:51pm
post #32 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by linnod 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

Actually Linnod it's rude when people help you out and you call them RUDE instead of apologizing and thanking them for giving you their recipes.

How was asking what the '?' was referring to being rude? I have little computer knowledge so I wasn't sure if there was some error in the post omitting more information.
Gosh I guess I can't ask a simple question without being attacked. I realize now it was just an error with the degree symbol being replaced with a '?' and I fully understand how to convert Fahrenheit to Celcius.


Regardless the belittling by ApplegumPam for asking a simple question was unnecessary to get their point across. Simply saying "That was supposed to be a degree symbol" would have been sufficient and neutral.

 

In the future I will just not ask "stupid" questions.



Let me TRY to explain WHY I lost it with you....  it wasn't just ONE question about the question mark

 

  • You had posted on more than one thread (relating to the mudcakes) the SAME question....  Is is like an American Brownie?

 

  • You baked a cake that had twice the amount of sugar as it needs and then went on to rubbish MUDCAKES in general
  • You said (above) that you wanted to try my recipe but wanted somebody else to do the conversions from cups for you
  • In my reply I gave you TWO places where you could find extra info on the recipe
  • With regard to me feeling the need to spell out to you the difference between Celcius and Fahrenheit..... well blame your past posts highlighting your total lack of understanding for this


I think YOU are not only rude but also exceptionally ungrateful  -   a cake decorating community is not a team of personal concierge's here to do your every bidding

and I'll finish with a good old Forest Gump quote........ STUPID is - AS Stupid does !!    - if you don't want to be seen as Stupid ?? - stop acting like it  !!

kikiandkyle Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 11:00pm
post #33 of 56

A

Original message sent by linnod

How was asking what the '?' was referring to being rude? I have little computer knowledge so I wasn't sure if there was some error in the post omitting more information.

Gosh I guess I can't ask a simple question without being attacked. I realize now it was just an error with the degree symbol being replaced with a '?' and I fully understand how to convert Fahrenheit to Celcius.

Regardless the belittling by ApplegumPam  for asking a simple question was unnecessary to get their point across. Simply saying "That was supposed to be a degree symbol" would have been sufficient and neutral.

In the future I will just not ask "stupid" questions.

If you'd read my entire comment, you'd know that what I actually said was it was rude of you to call her rude when all she tried to do was help you.

costumeczar Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 11:20pm
post #34 of 56

Snack break: Would anyone like a brownie?

*

Now back to our regular posting.

JWinslow Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 11:28pm
post #35 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 
 

Snack break: Would anyone like a brownie?

*

Now back to our regular posting.

Yes, Please and Thank you for sharing! 

I loved the wedding brownies you made. The wrap was pretty.

IAmPamCakes Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 11:30pm
post #36 of 56

AOoh, brownies! Yes please!

cakeyouverymuch Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 11:35pm
post #37 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnod 
 

I would love to try Pam's mud cake but could someone give me the ingredients in gram weights rather than cups. I know they differ from UK to US. Also, the recipe says to bake at 150?C What is the question mark referring to?

 

 

I'm pretty sure that what ApplegumPam was referring to was the "give me the ingredients in gram weights rather than cups".   That sort of demand is sure to get up a body's left nostril.  And Mimi is right re: ApplegumPam's willingness to share her recipes.  And that should at the very least rate a thank you.

costumeczar Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 11:37pm
post #38 of 56

when searching for information such as measurement conversions and recipes, I find this link useful. www.google.com

ApplegumPam Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 11:49pm
post #39 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linnod 
 

I would love to try Pam's mud cake but could someone give me the ingredients in gram weights rather than cups. I know they differ from UK to US. Also, the recipe says to bake at 150?C What is the question mark referring to?

 

 

I'm pretty sure that what ApplegumPam was referring to was the "give me the ingredients in gram weights rather than cups".   That sort of demand is sure to get up a body's left nostril.  And Mimi is right re: ApplegumPam's willingness to share her recipes.  And that should at the very least rate a thank you.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 
 

when searching for information such as measurement conversions and recipes, I find this link useful. www.google.com



The fact that I HAD included links to all these things at the bottom of my recipe as well as other tips re flours etc.... under   Cross Continental Notes..... got up my left nostril AND my right nostril !!

I did all the work - and  Linnod was too lazy to even READ it

http://cakecentral.com/a/pams-chocolate-mudcake

YES - the formatting makes it a difficult read - but when I originally posted it - it looked fine!   CC hiccups!!

AND if it is so hard to read here on CC..... it is ALSO on my Facebook page - AND the link is in my signature

I don't know what else is expected????    you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink !!

AND that doesn't mean I am RUDE nor MEAN !

MBalaska Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 12:31am
post #40 of 56

Linnod:  you’re taking the mickey yeah?

You asked the same question in May & last December.  Surely you've learned how to use the search function, the internet, youtube, and you've tested recipes in a whole year with some success?

Well............. maybe not.;-)

MimiFix Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 12:40am
post #41 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 
 

Snack break: Would anyone like a brownie?

*

 

Delish!!!!!! Do you ship, or is that another thread?

ApplegumPam Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 12:50am
post #42 of 56

Here you go Mimi...    I know YOU can handle a LINK  - to an Australian website!   I know you can figure out teh ingredient equivalents or if you can't you ARE smart enough to use Google.... AND if all else failed YOU would know HOW to ask for help!

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/collections/brownie+recipes/1?ref=collections,brownie-recipes

ENJOY - there are loads ... American, Australian, Hong Konkian, Alaskan (oops oh yeah you yanks already grabbed Alaska!) 

SNARK alert....   Aussies use the term 'yank'  like we say Aussie....  meaning somebody who hails from America...... just in case the use of this word got some knickers in a twist!!

cakefat Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 12:51am
post #43 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 
 

Snack break: Would anyone like a brownie?

 

Now back to our regular posting.

 

Brownies!!  Can you make some for me?! (I was going to ask for the recipe but I think you could just do it for me instead).

by the way do these taste like a mud cake?

ApplegumPam Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 12:51am
post #44 of 56

Oh and I think you are smart enough to also read through ..... my typos!!   (no question marks to confuse you though)

ApplegumPam Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 12:52am
post #45 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakefat 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 
 

Snack break: Would anyone like a brownie?

 

Now back to our regular posting.

 

Brownies!!  Can you make some for me?! (I was going to ask for the recipe but I think you could just do it for me instead).

by the way do these taste like a mud cake?


LOL - we were typing at SAME time......   your wish is my comand!   (((((( waves that magic wand ))))))

JWinslow Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 1:24am
post #46 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApplegumPam 
 


LOL - we were typing at SAME time......   your wish is my comand!   (((((( waves that magic wand ))))))


I want a magic wand too! 

sixinarow Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 1:26am
post #47 of 56

A

Original message sent by JWinslow

I want a magic wand too! 

I want someone to come clean my oven....ApplegumPam??? ;)

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 1:27am
post #48 of 56

AAre those American brownies?

costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 1:30am
post #49 of 56
JWinslow Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 1:34am
post #50 of 56

Quote:

 

LOL!  Love it.  Was hoping for one that worked but this is good - "snort"

MimiFix Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 1:37am
post #51 of 56

Uh, excuse me ApplegumPam, but I do NOT want a recipe. I have enough stinkin' recipes, thank you. I just want SOMEONE to bake them for me. American Brownies, please. (Are those the ones that taste like mudcake?)

howsweet Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 5:34am
post #52 of 56

I've spent most of my online forum time on Reef Central which is a gigantic forum dedicated to marine aquariums populated mostly by males . I've spent quite a bit of time over there with over 6,000 posts. In all my time on that forum, I don't recall any conversations about how anyone should be more tactful or why did you say it like that?   I'm not sure what my point is, but it may be that we could take a lesson from the guys on this.

 

And I count myself among the many others who are glad of Pam's presence here.

MimiFix Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 11:49am
post #53 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsweet 
 

And I count myself among the many others who are glad of Pam's presence here.

How nice, howsweet!

ApplegumPam Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 7:24pm
post #54 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsweet 
 

And I count myself among the many others who are glad of Pam's presence here.

How nice, howsweet!


awwwww - what a nice thing to wake up too!

Thank You

linnod Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 3:48am
post #55 of 56

Applegum Pam, I would like to apologize for calling you rude and seeming ungrateful, Normally I am very nice person.. Just the other day I was diagnosed with an illness that is affecting me neurologically and obviously my brain and how I think,communicate and process. And reading back on ALL of the post I can see why it did seem ungrateful to ask for more and can understand why you quoted Forest Gump. :) And yes, I do feel quite stupid.But at least now I know why. I am going to opt out of CC until I am better and can think and communicate more clearly. Again, sorry for seeming stupid and ungrateful.  

cazza1 Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 7:57am
post #56 of 56

Skip the brownies (which I love) and skip the mud cake (which I love even more) and make Humphrey  Slocombe's "Heres Your Damn Chocolate Ice Cream" instead.  Chocolate fix extrodonaire.  Better still serve it with Brownies or slice" your mudcake and put it in between but expect to end up in Chocolate Heaven cos I think you will go in to chocolate overload.  "Better than beer", my son announced.  Ha, his partner said, Even I'm not better than beer"!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%