Small Letter Presses

Decorating By cofeewoman Updated 7 Aug 2012 , 5:55pm by cofeewoman

cofeewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cofeewoman Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 11

Hi
I am making cupcakes for a housewarming party. One of the toppers I want to make out of fondant is a welcome mat. However, the only lettering I have and can find is large. I have attached a picture I found that is a good example of the size. Any ideas suggestions? I have been all over the internet. The lettering size I need is like on the topper that has welcome and Home Sweet Home. Thank you!
LL

10 replies
Pam1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam1976 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 11

I bought this clay embossing tool at Michael's. I emboss messages on fondant plaques with it. Hope this helps!
LL

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cofeewoman Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you both so much. I will have to look at Michael's for those. Thanks again.

Pam1976 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 11

They are. Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Joann's all have them. They are. The one I bought has orange letters that measure 6.5mm (0.25").
LL

cofeewoman Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you Pam! I think that will work great!

Pam1976 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 11

You are welcome! They have two, one with white letters which is just a noraml type and one with orange letters which is more of a script. Good luck!!

cofeewoman Posted 6 Aug 2012 , 3:59am
post #8 of 11

Hi Pam,
Can you tell me what that is called? I searched Michael's twice and asked for help, no luck. Ended up buying some stamps, just not sure if they will work.
I have a Joann's by my work and Hobby Lobby isn't too far but I can't even find online on their sites.

Thanks.

Pam1976 Posted 6 Aug 2012 , 10:51am
post #9 of 11

Oh no! Did you look in the section where the clay is? That is where I bought mine.

cofeewoman Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 1:38am
post #10 of 11

First, I didn't realize both pics you put are the same thing. (although you did explain... sorry) You know I don't think I ever saw clay anywhere lol. I went up and down every aisle and nook. I am going tomorrow to Joann's and will make sure I look in the clay area and know that I know what it is called. Thanks!

cofeewoman Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 5:55pm
post #11 of 11

Yeah! I found it! I got the white. Thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%