Need Recipe For Wedding Cake Frosting Thats Lemon-Ish

Baking By pofdamagikdragon Updated 7 Aug 2012 , 5:43pm by pinkfluffycupcake

pofdamagikdragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pofdamagikdragon Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 7

I am not sure if anyone knows what I mean by lemon-ish icon_biggrin.gif but I have tasted it on several wedding cakes and a few bakery birthday cakes.

I am getting tired of my typical buttercream frosting and wanted to try using the frosting commonly used on wedding cakes that has a bit of a lemon taste to it. It's also pure white whenever I see it so I am assuming it's probably all crisco!

Does anyone have a recipe they could share?

Thanks you!

6 replies
Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 7

Is this Wedding cake bouquet flavouring that she is referring to? I have seen many posts on CC swearing by this flavouring for BC. I have no access to it here but I was told it has citrus undertones.

pofdamagikdragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pofdamagikdragon Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 7

I was just reading about Wedding Bouquet and Creme Bouquet flavoring. I think I may have to try them!

I honestly have no idea what it is that they use but its always a perfect pure white frosting with a hint of lemon. I love it!

ChefAngie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefAngie Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 7

It sounds like creme bouquet. It is an emulsion that flavors the icing-quite delicious!
Happy Baking and Decorating,
Chef Angie

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 7

The actual recipe used for b'cream doesn't have to change. All one needs to do is change the flavoring used in it. You can do that with the recipe you are already using OR try this great recipe. If you replace the almond flavoring with lemon extract you should get the taste you are looking for. http://cakecentral.com/recipe/2-icing

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 6 Aug 2012 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 7

I have MagicLine's creme bouquet and yes it is a bit citrusy. I don't like it so I don't use mine which is a shame since I use it once or twice. I use wedding bouquet now and it is delicious but I don't find it citrusy.

pinkfluffycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkfluffycupcake Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 7

I love LorAnn's Princess Cake and Cookie flavoring for cakes and Fiori de Sicilia (http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/fiori-di-sicilia-1-oz/) for frosting. Not too citrusy, just delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%