What If I Don't Have A Stand Mixer?

Baking By jamie061290 Updated 4 Aug 2012 , 1:00pm by MimiFix

jamie061290 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamie061290 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 8:32am
post #1 of 3

I've watched videos on youtube, baking cookies.. and they are using stand mixer or either a hand electric mixer..

What if i don't have those utensils?
is it ok to use a whisk? and manually mixed the batter?
If yes how much time should i whisk the batter of the cookie?

oh please...i hope someone say yes...because i will just start my business next week..and i'm on a shoestring budget right now. and i can't afford those utensils icon_sad.gificon_redface.gif

2 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 10:22am
post #2 of 3

Buy yourself a cheapie hand mixer , most of them are not very expensive . While I have a stand mixer , I still pretty much use the hand mixer that I bought years ago for about five dollars. I have actually paid more for a good whisk than I paid for the mixer.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 3

It's possible to start a business with no mixer, but you won't be able to make some products. Chellescakes is correct, a cheap hand mixer can help. Batters with oil work fine with a whisk or hand mixer. Creaming butter (cakes, cookies, etc) will not work as well because you can't whip in enough air without an electric mixer.

I started a business with no mixer. I mixed cookie doughs in a large plastic baby bath tub (bought new for the baking). Eventually I bought a hand mixer but it burned out after a few months. I replaced it twice before moving to a retail location. (I then bought a 30 qt mixer and had to scale down my recipes.) Of course, this was the start of my hand problems.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%