Ices Arizona..anyone?

Decorating By DiddleMeSweet Updated 19 Aug 2012 , 10:35pm by DiddleMeSweet

DiddleMeSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiddleMeSweet Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 3:37am
post #1 of 9

I was wondering if anyone on here has joined with ICES Arizona? I am trying to see if they actually meet up, plus I am trying to make sure it's worth the cost to join ICES Arizona.

I love baking and cakes. I enjoy them a lot so I am trying to find a group to continue to grow from. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 12:01am
post #2 of 9

The rep of ICES AZ is from Phoenix now but I know they've met down in Tucson in the past. Not sure if that is still the case. His name is Ted Scutty. You can find him on facebook.

If you are in the Phoenix area, there is a cake club in Mesa called the Confection Connection Cake Club. I'm a very active member in that club so I'd be happy to share info if you'd like.

KimAZ

DiddleMeSweet Posted 19 Aug 2012 , 8:06am
post #3 of 9

Yes, please...I've emailed ICES Arizona but no response. Any information would be great, thanks!

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 19 Aug 2012 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 9

Usually ICES only meets twice a year--spring and fall. If you join, you'll get their newsletter (color pics-a few tutorials), BUT if you join the Mesa cake club, they meet once a month for live demos!! It's a totally awesome group--lots of sharing and info!!

DiddleMeSweet Posted 19 Aug 2012 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 9

I would love to see what the Confection Connection Cake Club is all about. I'm just not sure how.

As for ICES Arizona...I haven't heard back from them. I sent an email and even attempted contact via FB. I have yet to hear back, so now I've got doubts. I'm guessing as it gets closer to when they gather they check their sites or emails?

Either way, I would love to check out Confection Connection Cake Club.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 19 Aug 2012 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 9

All you have to do is show up to our meetings! We meet on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 6:30pm-8:30pm at a local fire station's community room in Mesa. All the info is on our website. Please feel free to check it out.
http://www.freewebs.com/confectionconnection/

Guests are welcome to attend two times before becoming members. We have a lot of fun. There are usually two demos per month like Jeanne said ( Hi Jeanne!! Come back soon!)

I am very active in the club so if you have any particular questions, please let me know.

Kim

momsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsgoodies Posted 19 Aug 2012 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the info. Kim!

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 19 Aug 2012 , 9:58pm
post #8 of 9

I totally love the Cake Club, but alas, can only attend meetings in the winter when I'm in AZ. You'll absolutely be amazed at how much you'll learn!!

PS:Hi back at you Kim. See you in December

DiddleMeSweet Posted 19 Aug 2012 , 10:35pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you so much. I'll defiantly attend. Have a great one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%