Cupcake Wrappers & Liners

Baking By hrnewbie Updated 12 Aug 2012 , 2:58am by CreativeCakesbyMichelle

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 2:38am
post #1 of 5

I love to wrap my cupcakes in decorative liners but I keep having the same problem: you can still see the wrappers. I see all of these beautiful cupcakes online where you can't see the wrappers at all but mine never look that clean. I've tried putting on more icing, putting icing further out to the edge, and also cutting the wrappers taller but none of that seems to have fixed my problem.

As an example, here's a link to one of the ones that I did: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2373995/baseball-cupcakes

And here are some that don't have that same problem (my dream look):
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2030201/cupcakes
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2364093/pink-romance

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'd love the help. Thanks in advance.

4 replies
rkc220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkc220 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 3:20am
post #2 of 5

I would have thought making them taller would have taken care of it. Are u using a pattern? I cut all mine on a cricut expression with a cricut program and I don't have that problem.

LacyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LacyHogan Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 2:01am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc220

I would have thought making them taller would have taken care of it. Are u using a pattern? I cut all mine on a expression with a program and I don't have that problem.

This! The key is definitely making the wrapper taller than the liner but also making sure it fits the same contour with the smaller bottom and bigger top and fits snug. Good luck!

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 2:27am
post #4 of 5

I just used my very first wrappers, for my 2 year old's birthday party icon_smile.gif I printed them from a website, cut and glued. What I noticed was that without a guide for where to glue them together, there is a broad range of fit to your cupcake/liner. If you overlap the edges of the wrap too much, your cupcake will sit "up" in the finished wrapper, whereas if you overlap the edges less, the cupcake can sit further down in the fastened wrapper. The tighter your wrap (or "cone"), the higher up your cupcake will sit.

Either way, the cupcake will not fall out through the bottom, because the top of the cupcake is larger than the smaller bottom of the wrapper. Know what I mean? So, experiment with different overlaps icon_smile.gif

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 2:58am
post #5 of 5

To me it looks more like your cupcakes don't have enough of a dome on top. I used the suggestion from other CCers to bake at 400 degrees for the first 5 minutes and then reduce to 350 degrees for the rest of the baking time and found that I had much better domes on my cupcakes. I think if you have more of a dome on your cupcakes then you can use a taller wrapper without covering the frosting and the liner will be covered.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%