Less Sweet "milk" Frosting

Baking By jerrica_p Updated 4 Aug 2012 , 12:21am by Elcee

jerrica_p Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerrica_p Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!

I have a big batch of chocolate chip cookie dough-filled cupcakes for a party this weekend. I had been planning on topping them with chocolate buttercream. After tasting the cupcakes, however, I thought they'd be much better with a slightly sweetened, milk-flavored frosting (a la milk and cookies). I'm looking for a frosting that would taste almost like a barely-sweetened whipped cream. The cupcakes are really sweet.

Does anyone have a recipe for something like this? I won't be doing any detailed decorating, but the frosting will need to be fairly sturdy as the event it outdoors and the heat has been blazing lately!

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 Aug 2012 , 2:18am
post #2 of 4

I think this recipe would be perfect: http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Ermine-Frosting-(Butter-Roux-or-Boiled-milk-Frosting)/13589/ but I can't attest to how it would hold up in the heat. If it were me, I'd keep them refrigerated as long as possible and not let them stay out for too long.

jerrica_p Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerrica_p Posted 3 Aug 2012 , 7:33am
post #3 of 4

This does look perfect, Elcee. Thank you for the suggestion!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 12:21am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrica_p

This does look perfect, Elcee. Thank you for the suggestion!

thumbs_up.gif Let me know how it turns out! I love your idea of cookies and milk cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%