Is This Airbrush Any Good?

Decorating By jennifercullen Updated 5 Aug 2012 , 2:05pm by Pyro

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 6

Its called the dinky doodle airbrush, I can't find any reviews on it and I've never used an airbrush before so I don't know what I'm looking for! This is the one: http://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=527_528 any opinion would be appreciated icon_smile.gif thanks!

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 6

For that money you can get a Paasche. Also, its better to get a gravity feed and a siphon feed.

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 6

Dawn was nice enough to repluy to my post here:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=746020&highlight=

I have not ordered any airbrush yet (funds are low)
If you do get it, please let us know how you like it.

Erin

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 6

Never heard of the Dinkey Doodle but I'm in the USA. Two observations. 1.) the information says that the motor is more powerful than other airbrush machines 2.) And there's no mention of a knob or adjustment to turn down the airbrush. I fear icing with holes blown in it.

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 6

Leah- when I google searched Paasche Airbrushes I was given links for a company, TCP Global that sells Airbrushes. When I looked on their site for their cake decorating airbrush kits, they all were Masters.

Can you share where you got your airbrush or the model?

Thanks!

Erin

Pyro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pyro Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 6

Be careful if you order from America because of the internal shipping charges, what might first look like a deal may quickly become really expensive. And if for some reason there's something wrong with the item or you need to use a warranty, you end up spending money again to ship it overseas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%