Sportsman Fleur De Lis?

Decorating By Britterfly Updated 9 Aug 2012 , 11:55am by icingimages

Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 2:07am
post #1 of 6

How do you make a sportsman fleur de lis cake like in the photo below?

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1827320/fleur-de-lis-grooms-cake

5 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 2:39am
post #2 of 6

You could carve it or mold it out of RKT.

Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 3:14am
post #3 of 6

How do you carve it though? Do you need a template? And if you need a large cake, how can you get a template big enough? My printer only prints out regular size paper.

Tracey2528 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracey2528 Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 3:26am
post #4 of 6

When I do cutouts I draw the shape (freehand) that I want on a cake board, I use the same size board of the cake that I will be cutting out. Then I cut the board and use that as my template. I cut out each layer of cake separate before filling and stacking them.

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6

I believe there is a way to get your printer to print out a big shape on several pieces of paper and you tape them together(kind of like a puzzle). However, I'm computer retarded and couldn't tell you how it's done. Hopefully you have a computer savvy friend!

Fleur de lis' are a simple shape that's difficult to free hand(at least for me) due to the extreme need for symmetry. If its not perfect, it looks kinda goofy. The sportsman might be a little easier to freehand since its not quite as symmetrical as the "normal" fleur de Lis.

I love the idea of using a cake board as the template, however, I would fill and layer the cake before carving. That way, they're both exactly the same shape.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 11:55am
post #6 of 6

Printers can do that, but the image is generated from your software that you use to print. Check your printing software and graphics software for that type of printing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%