Top Of Tiered Fondant Cake

Decorating By flowergrower Updated 31 Jul 2012 , 4:38am by step0nmi

flowergrower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowergrower Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 2:34am
post #1 of 4

sorry, me again. 1 more thing...how do i cover the center dowel 'hole' on the top of a stacked fondant cake, with nothing being placed on top (flower, ornament, etc)

3 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 2:46am
post #2 of 4

Well, you can put a fondant plug over it, but it'll be visible. I suggest figuring out a flower, ornament, flat medallion, etc. that will coordinate with the design.

Rae

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 4:29am
post #3 of 4

You can insert the full-length center dowel into the bottom tier(s) leaving the upper portion of the rod exposed to lower the top tier onto. Make sure the rod is slightly shorter than the entire height so it doesn't poke through the top tier, and don't forget to make the hole in the top cake board in advance so it will be centered.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 4:38am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

You can insert the full-length center dowel into the bottom tier(s) leaving the upper portion of the rod exposed to lower the top tier onto. Make sure the rod is slightly shorter than the entire height so it doesn't poke through the top tier, and don't forget to make the hole in the top cake board in advance so it will be centered.

if you've never done the above before, it can be slightly risky.

if you are just doing regular white/ivory fondant...I just use some buttercream for any holes or imperfections and no one can notice the difference after using a hot knife to smooth it out icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%