Iso- Gallon Food Storage Containers-Not Cambro

Business By sfandm Updated 1 Aug 2012 , 1:01pm by akaivyleaf

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 5

If you can share where you have purchased your food storage containers, preferably for fridge and freezer, I would appreciate it. I have been looking and can't find any in my price range, and I don't want Cambro. Everything I find is in the $6 each range. Can use either round or square, with lids.

Thanks in advance, Sonya

4 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 5

Is there something wrong with Cams?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 5

Unless you buy used you probably won't find any quality gallon size containers for under $6, your best bet in that price range would probably be Glad or Ziploc. We used Cambro, they were expensive but well worth it.

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 5

No, nothing wrong with Cambro, I just have a limited business loan and want to have all my bases covered, starting out cheaper and going to more expensive from there. I do love Cams, but I can't afford them right now. icon_cry.gif

akaivyleaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akaivyleaf Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:01pm
post #5 of 5

I understand what you are saying about not being able to afford something right now, but I would suggest that double buying isn't the best use of resources either. To me it would be better to buy less quantity at the beginning, and build up your inventory over time.

An internet search turned up 2.99 for the 4 Quart/Gallon size container: http://www.etundra.com/4_Qt_Translucent_Round_Food_Storage_Container-P7433.html?token=43012|||0|24|7|1|0

::icon_razz.gifrobably an unwanted .02¢::::

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%