I Want To Legally Sell Cake Pops At An Event In Ga?

Business By FDBaker Updated 30 Jul 2012 , 4:02pm by kelleym

FDBaker Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 6:20am
post #1 of 2

I was wondering if someone could help me. I want to sell cake pops just for one event. Just a one time favor someone has asked to do. I;m not sure what my options are to be able to legally sell the pops?

I have a licensed restaurant kitchen from a friend that I can borrow when the kitchen is closed to make the product ,but I'm not sure what the law is for the county? It is Decatur county. I can also access a licensed kitchen in Macon if the laws are different there. I tried looking for answers ,but I am having alot of trouble finding anything.

Would I need to worry about the county I am preparing the food? Or the county I plan to sell the food at(where the event is held), which would be Atlanta?

I am not against buying the products and just decorating if that is what is necessary to make the pops legal to sell at this event(it is a private event). Would this open up my options?

Thanks for all the help in advanced. It is very appreciated. The laws are very confusing to me!

1 reply
kelleym Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 2

The Health Department (Or Dept. of Agriculture) in the county where the event is being held will be able to tell you the requirements for selling at this event. You'll likely need a temporary food permit through them. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%