Fondant Drying?

Baking By niniel1 Updated 29 Jul 2012 , 1:01pm by niniel1

niniel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niniel1 Posted 29 Jul 2012 , 10:55am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

I'm a total newbie (to this site and cake making I guess). My daughter's 3rd birthday is coming up in November and she wants a Rapunzel tower cake. I'm going to have a go at making one, even though I've only made about 5 fondant covered cakes with the most basic decorations to date. I've been doing a lot of reading to try and work out how to do this. Please excuse how clueless I am!

I have cutters for making fondant flowers to decorate the cake with. I've been reading about the need to dry these out before using (see I'm so clueless I just stuck them straight on before). When it comes to all fondant embellishments for the planned Rapunzel cake (like windows, woodwork etc) do I need to let that dry before applying it to the cake? Sorry if this is a totally dumb question I really am so new to this!

thanks very much.

2 replies
Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 29 Jul 2012 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Niniel1! The only things that have to dry in advance are things that are basically 3D, like flowers, or have to "stand up" on their own, like figures. if they are flat against the cake and are not going to be removed prior to eating, then you just cut them out and stick them one while you are decorating. Have fun!

niniel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niniel1 Posted 29 Jul 2012 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 3

thanks very much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%