Gumpaste Seashells

Decorating By WeezyS Updated 25 Jul 2012 , 5:52pm by sweetideas

WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 4

I have a last minute wedding cake order, actually just 10 days away!!! She tells me she wants a beach theme with seashells. I've done it before, no problem.

But, the company I ordered gumpaste shells from (wholesalesugarflowers) have none in stock. They are usually fast with shipping. I will also have to paint all the shells.

Does anyone have a company they order shells from with fast delivery I could inquire to? She also wants corral on the cake. Any tuturiols on this also??

Thanks for any help, I don't believe I am even doing this.
Maybe I should just make shells out of candy melts and molds. What do you think? I've never done this, but it doesn't seem too hard.

3 replies
WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 4

O.K. I just watched a video on youtube on how to make seashells with gumpaste and candy molds. I'm going to try this and hope it is as easy as it looks.

Would you recommend putting anything into the mold for easy realease? She just put the gumpaste right into the mold, into the freezer and popped it out. I've never worked with gumpaste or molds before. Thanks for any advice.

FrostThis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostThis Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

cornstarch helps. lightly dust them before you putt he gumpaste in. HTH
thumbs_up.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 4

For the coral you could use isomalt sticks you melt in the microwave and pour over ice. They turn out great. CakePlay has some, but there are several options now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%