Russian Charlotte Fruit Cake

Baking By nordi2008 Updated 2 Aug 2012 , 8:04pm by nordi2008

nordi2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nordi2008 Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 12:14am
post #1 of 7

Please some body can help me with the recipie of Russian Charlotte Fruit Cake , I saw this on a bake sale we made for a little girl with cancer , and some of the lady brought two of them and every body said was delicious, please help me!

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 12:36am
post #2 of 7

Hi, don,t know about this, but would love it. will this link help. I also saved it. love fruit in cakes.

http://yulinkacooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/different-kind-of-fruit-cake.html

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 2:43am
post #3 of 7

It sounds like it's really an apple cake. My mom has an awesome recipe for apple cake, but I'm sorry, I don't have it. I did find these.

http://marcygoodfleisch.hubpages.com/hub/Easy-Apple-Cake-Russian-Charlotte-Russe

http://www.azcookbook.com/apple-charlotte/

http://smittenkitchen.com/2012/01/apple-sharlotka/

nordi2008 Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks I going to try it , thanks for take time to answer my question thumbs_up.gif

TaraLynRRT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TaraLynRRT Posted 28 Jul 2012 , 1:47am
post #5 of 7

Hi Norma,

Below is the recipe we made last semester in culinary school. It might seem a little time consuming but it is worth it!!! It is very good and the taste of the butter in the bread....YUM!! We made several different treats that day but everyone agreed this was their favorite. We also made our own vanilla bean ice cream and put some on topicon_smile.gif

Enjoy,
Tami

Apple Charlotte
Yields: two, 7 inch diameter (at the bottom) brioche pans.
Note: more commonly, apple charlottes are constructed in a pail shaped charlotte mold.

Ingredients

Sliced white bread to fill charlotte mold
2 pounds clarified butter
3 pounds Granny Smith apples
9 ounces frozen cranberries
4.5 ounces sugar
½ ounce cornstarch
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cardamom
2 ounces Apple Jack or Apple Barrel Schnapps

Assembly

Cut the crusts from the bread, and cut the bread into the various pieces required. For each mold the following will be required:

One, 2 ½ circular bottom piece (use a biscuit cutter).
One, 6 diameter top piece (use a biscuit cutter, may need to be pieced together).
Fourteen, 1 ½ wide x 3 ½ tall strips to line each of the fluted sections of the pan.

Clarify 1 pound of butter per charlotte, and dip each piece of bread into the clarified butter on both sides. Line the charlotte mold, first layering the fluted sides, and then adding the bottom piece. Save the top piece to fit later after the filling is added.

Peel, core and wedge the apples, placing them in acid-wash (lemon water) while working. Slice the apples fairly thin (1/16th wedge sized). Mix the sugar, cornstarch, salt and spices. Remove the apple slices from acid-wash and toss in the cornstarch mixture. Place in a large sauté pan with the cranberries until the cornstarch mixture is thickened but the apples are still firm. Deglaze pan with the apple jack.

Fill the two charlottes and top with the top piece of bread. Cover the top of the pan with foil, and bake at 345 degrees until the bread is golden brown. Remove the pan and allow to cool for five minutes to set. Depan the charlotte by flipping it onto a foil-lined sheet pan. Serve with ice cream.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 28 Jul 2012 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 7

Try searching for recipes for "charlotte russe" which means the same thing but gets you a lot of good recipes.

nordi2008 Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 7

thank tara for the recipie I going to try thumbs_up.gif BakingIrene thank for the suggestion , thank to all for your help icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%