White Chocolate Mousse Cake??

Baking By sarascakecreations Updated 24 Jul 2012 , 9:05am by chocolatestone

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 2:26am
post #1 of 3

Hello,

For anyone who knows what I'm talking about I am in love with Dufflet Pastries white chocolate mousse cake. It has moist white sponge cake with a white chocolate mousse and a light strawberry compote filling. Then they finish the cake with white chocolate curls all around... oh man it's yummy.

Ok, so recently I bought a veryyyy similar cake at a grocery store: No Frills. Now I'm not trying to compare the two as obviously the do differ! However, it got me thinking that I must try to make this!

Soooo any ideas as to how to come with a cake like this? If you have a light white cake recipe and a white chocolate mousse recipe I would be ever so grateful for it! Also, how exactly do I create white chocolate curls? Or can I buy them pre-made?

Thanks so much,

S.

2 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 2:42am
post #2 of 3

I know Dufflet's very well. And for sure anything you get at No Frills won't compare, especially since they don't have an in-house bakery.

If you're looking for scratch cakes, try FromScratchSF's vanilla cake. It's fantastic.

chocolatestone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatestone Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 9:05am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarks0

I know Dufflet's very well. And for sure anything you get at No Frills won't compare, especially since they don't have an in-house bakery.

If you're looking for scratch cakes, try FromScratchSF's vanilla cake. It's fantastic.

These chocolate mousse recipes sound interesting but are they stable enough to use as a cake filling. I really would like to find a nice recipe that will be stable enough to use as a cake filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%