Wedding Vs. Party Servings/pricing?

Business By kendra_83 Updated 23 Jul 2012 , 12:35am by KoryAK

kendra_83 Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 3

I'm curious as to how everyone is pricing their wedding cakes in relation to their party cakes? Do you price them differently per serving or do you price them the same per serving and increase the number of servings for wedding cakes? I, myself, have priced my past wedding cakes based on the Wilton Chart for wedding-sized portions and I know that the end cost is substantially higher than the same amount of party-sized portions but should I increase the price per serving as well? Pricing is something I'm just NOT confident with so any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

2 replies
MJbakes Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 12:07am
post #2 of 3

Pricing is something that no one can really help you with. As a newbie hear I've learned that slowly. You have to figure out your cost, your overhead, your profit and your payroll. If your not sure, do what I did, I called around to different bakeries in my area to see what the charged for cakes. I found out alot of them for wedding cakes start at $5+ per serving and party cakes start around $4. But it all depends on where you live etc.

KoryAK Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 12:35am
post #3 of 3

I don't have "wedding" pricing, but I do have tiered pricing ($7.75+) and single cake pricing ($3.50-$5+ depending on size).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%