? About Marshmallow Fondant...may Be A Duh ???...lol

Baking By sfandm Updated 27 Jul 2012 , 3:09pm by sfandm

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

I just printed the recipe that calls for 16oz. of mini marshmallows, but I have the marshmallow cream (7oz) that I would like to use. I know that in melting the minis they actually get smaller, so should I still use 16oz. of my cream or can someone tell me how much of my cream to use to make up for the minis?

Thanks

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 4

Hey, sfandm, how ya doin'? I have a recipe for home-made marshmallow fluff that I got in the recipe section here. It says that marshmallow fluff is melted marshmallows with corn syrup added, so you'd need to adjust the amount of corn syrup (or glucose) in your mmf recipe downward to compensate for that. If your recipe calls for 16 oz of marshmallows, you'l need at least 16 oz. of marshmallow fluff, since it's almost pure marshmallow anyway, and the recipe is calling for a weight, not a volume. If you've only got 7 oz of fluff, you could mix it with 9 (or maybe even 10) ozs of marshmallows to get the recipe to come out right. Hope that helps some!

earlydawn20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
earlydawn20 Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 4

I don't add any marshmallows to my recipie. I just use the 14 oz of fluff and then add the sugar.
turns out great. I think it has a better texture then any of my friends mmf. They even ask me for recipies.

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you girls, I knew I could count on the CC forum for answers, I went ahead and bought a bag of minis also, making both to see which tastes better.

Thanks again.

Sonya

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%