Classy Cake Business Name

Business By zaheera Updated 26 Feb 2013 , 6:06pm by diane706

zaheera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zaheera Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 16

Hi everyone, I know this question is asked many times but please help me with a business name! i want to open a shop in cape town with a classy feel, creating cakes, petit fours, cupcakes and special occasion cakes. i like ace of cakes, top tier and the cake box, all of which are taken. my nicknames are zee or ziya and i like all things pretty. thanks

15 replies
sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 16

OK, did this in a hurry, I found the beautiful cake designs on etsy.com/lifeisgroovy. They are $5.95 for the 4 cakes, you will need to contact the designer to make sure you can use them for commercial. Also whipped this up as one version. I figured you could use one of the cakes to put above the 2nd line, beside your name and in an opaque, but still visible.

This is just my design. Let me know what you think.

Sonya
LL

zaheera Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 16

Wow! Sonya thank you for taking the time to create something like this for me! I absolutely love the font and the damask, and my theme colours are tiffany blue and chocolate brown. So we are certainly thinking along the same lines! If you don't mind I will use that font and be inspired by your design, however, I want to have a simpler design that will people will recognise even without the name! same applies to the name, also desserts are not my main product, what do you think of caketopia, or zeelicious cakes, or classy confections or the cake case or zee's bakehouse or like a colour and name of flower/bird followed by patisserie, like hummingbird bakery???? thanks a million

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 16

I'd avoid using the word "classy" because to me that sounds unclassy. It makes more sense to me to do something like the hummingbird bakery idea, but if you only do cakes than you should probably use cakes in the name.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 6:01am
post #5 of 16

Zaheera Cake Couture is what came to mind when I tried icon_smile.gif

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 6:30am
post #6 of 16

Zee's Sweetz

zaheera Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks for all your responses! My mind has been working over time but after some thought I agree that i don't like classy but i do like couture. also have been thinking of things like Piping Cakes, Fondant Fairy and Bluebell Bakery and i quite like cake couture...i do a lot of kiddies cakes and petit fours so want it to be classy but playful too!

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 12:53pm
post #8 of 16

Or Zee's Dessert Couture, in using your nickname. Desserts cover a multitude of things, so I whipped this next one up using your colors and the new thought.
LL

zaheera Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 16

Thanks Sonya! I like it a lot, and really appreciate the time you put into it. Is the graphic from the same website? I will let you all know what name I decide on once it's registered in case there's a problem! Thanks again

zaheera Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 10:59am
post #10 of 16

AHi all, as promised I have finalized a name and am ready to post it. The name is.... High Tea Tighty Thanks for all your helpful ideas!

rica827 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rica827 Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 16

I'm late on this, but does "Tighty" mean something else where you're located?  If I saw that name, I'd have no idea that you produce any sort of baked good. "High Tea" makes me immediately think of crumpets - do you make those?  Who is your target audience?  If it's kids cakes, that name doesn't convey that. I have a feeling it's too late, but wanted to add something!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 6:51pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheera 

High Tea Tighty

I think it's meant to be a play on words for "hoity-toity".

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 7:17pm
post #13 of 16

If you have a shop of that name, you should also serve tea. However, at least in Britain, "high tea" is an evening meal (usually savory). The tea with crumpets, scones, and tea cakes (petit fours) in mid-afternoon is "afternoon tea." Maybe it's different in SA.

rica827 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:02pm
post #14 of 16

Oooh. Yea, I didn't get that at all, and I'm usually pretty good with plays on words!

rica827 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:02pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41 

I think it's meant to be a play on words for "hoity-toity".

Oooh!  Yea, I didn't get that at all, and I'm usually pretty good with plays on words!

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 6:04pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 

I'd avoid using the word "classy" because to me that sounds unclassy.

Oh my! Too funny!! I've had the name Classy Cakes for 18 years!!icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%