10 & 12" Stacked

Decorating By DanaG21 Updated 22 Jul 2012 , 3:15am by srkmilklady

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 12:25am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have a two tiered cake with a 10 and 12 inch cake in their gallery? I have a bride on a budget (shocking) and she wants roses cascading and I just don't know if it will really need a 3rd tier or not to look right and if I should adjust my sizes to get the same or close to amount of servings but in 3 tiers instead of 2? I'd like to see what these two sizes look like so I can decide. Thanks!

6 replies
quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 12:41am
post #2 of 7

I don't have any photos of that size, but I would definitely play around with some other sizes so that the wedding cake will not be akward and squat. Here's a link to a good site for playing with the size configurations http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cakulator.cgi?option=2&option=Select+Cakulator

HTH

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 12:47am
post #3 of 7

I don't have a photo to show you but I don't believe two layers will be tall enough for a cascade.. I vote for three layers.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 2:51am
post #4 of 7

Indydebi responded to this thread with photo attachments of what you're looking for:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=644170&highlight=10+tier

Two pics of the same cake. One pic as a two tier, and one pic as a three tier.
(Tiers, not layers.)

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 2:57am
post #5 of 7

I would also vote for at least 3 tiers if you are doing cascading roses. If you know how many servings you need, then I would adjust your pan sizes to accomodate them in 3 tiers so it doesn't look short and wide. It is still the same amount of cake, just in a better proportioned look.

The way I get a general idea of what it might look like is by taking the cake pans in the sizes I'm considering and stacking them to see how they look. Or you could also do the same with cake dummies.

Having said all that, this is a pic of a 2 tier with roses that I found by doing a google search...IT IS NOT A CAKE THAT I MADE. But it is quite lovely.

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 3:12am
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone! I know she bought the Wilton heart topper and it is a simple outdoor (August - ugh!) wedding and I want the cake to meet her expectations and mine! So I'll see how big that topper is and how the proportions will look. srkmilklady thanks for the photo that is almost exactly the style of what she is looking for!

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 3:15am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaG21

Thanks everyone! I know she bought the Wilton heart topper and it is a simple outdoor (August - ugh!) wedding and I want the cake to meet her expectations and mine! So I'll see how big that topper is and how the proportions will look. srkmilklady thanks for the photo that is almost exactly the style of what she is looking for!

You're welcome...hope you'll post a pic of the cake when it's done! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%