How To Make Heart Cake?

Decorating By ferretlover3721 Updated 21 Jul 2012 , 8:05pm by ferretlover3721

ferretlover3721 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 5

Me and my boyfriends one year anniversary is in a couple of weeks and i really want to make him a cake. I was wondering if there are any other ways i could make hearts on the cake without actually making the whole cake a big heart. I would like to make the hearts thick enough so i could write cute sayings on them kind of like those sweetheart candies but im not sure how to go about it. Any comments or suggestions would be great. Thanxx.

4 replies
auntginn Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 5

You could cut some out of fondant or gumpaste. You could also use a heart chocolate mold.

Either way will do the trick.

ferretlover3721 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much. Do you think it would work if i used rice krispies also? If so would i be able to put fondant over them or no? Thanxx.

kakeladi Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 5

........ think it would work if i used rice krispies also? If so would i be able to put fondant over them or no? ........

Yes one can make rice crispy treats into heart shapes, then cover it w/fondant. You will have to work really hard to make the treat heart as smooth as possible before covering w/fondant.

another option could be to mold some chocolate.

ferretlover3721 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 5

Ok thanks very much for the help. Hopefully it will turn out ok. Im new to all this so a little nervous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%