What Comes First, Cake Or Cupcakes?

Decorating By Gordy307 Updated 21 Jul 2012 , 4:40pm by Gordy307

Gordy307 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gordy307 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 1:05am
post #1 of 3

I'm hoping someone can help me with my time line.....My daugher's wedding is on a Saturday in August, she asked me to make an 8 in round cake, buttercream frosting, cream filling, minimal decorations and 350 standard cupcakes, 3 different frostings. I will make the cakes and cupcakes ahead and freeze. What should I frost first? I'm thinking the cake, because I can refridgerate it. I don't have room for 350 cupcakes in my fridge. So I was thinking frost the cupcakes Thursday and Friday and put them in under the bed storage containers, covered. I'm concerned they may dry out. I will be delivering the cupcakes Friday nite and set up Saturday morning. I will bring the cake Saturday. I just do cakes, cookies and cupcakes as a hobby, so this frosting question has me worried.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

Sandy

2 replies
sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 2:02am
post #2 of 3

What kind of frosting are you thinking of using? If any type with whipped cream, cream cheese, or other perishable item, then you will need to wait until the day of, and then frost. But I have been told that the Dream Whip Frosting or any of the buttercream frostings should work fine, then someone suggested storing them in large shallow totes under a bed, I think it's a good idea. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Gordy307 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gordy307 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 3

I will be using buttercream frostings. I am wondering if the cupcakes will dry out. I am going to pipe a swirl on them.

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%