Help!! Fondant Bubbling On Customers Cake!!

Decorating By jena2727 Updated 20 Jul 2012 , 11:26pm by DeniseNH

jena2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jena2727 Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 4

OK, I know there are tons of threads on this and I am searching those at the same time. I have never had this happen before! I delivered a cake today to a customer that lives an hour away so there is no way I can get to her to help!! I need advice on what she can do to fix it. The party isn't until tomorrow. It was frosted yesterday and had plenty of time to settle before and after the fondant was put on. I placed books on top and all to help settle things. Ugh! Any way what on earth can I tell her to do to make it look better? There is no way I can get to her to help! Also would you offer a discount of free cake? I am pretty sure the cause is she placed it in the back of her SUV and it probably didnt stay cold enough....

HELP!!!

3 replies
suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 4

When I get bubbles, I poke a small hole with a craft knife or toothpick and gently press the fondant back in place. It should stick once the air is pressed out.

jena2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jena2727 Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks!! I will have her attempt that!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 4

They say to take a pin a prick here and there in an upward pin-stick motion rather than straight on. Something happens to fondant in this humidity and extra hot and humid days are the only times when I too have this problem. Pin pricks and extra stiff fondant is all you can do. Oh and keeping the cake cold until an hour before it's cut.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%